Trolli candies 65Ct bag contains 55 pieces of candy

Bought the Trolli 65ct Halloween candy to make treats for my grandson's school since the class is large. Since I needed 60 pieces I decided to count them to put them in the treat bags.

To my surprise the 65ct bag ONLY CONTAINS 55 Individually warped candies.

Contacted the company, asked them to send me the missing 10 pieces, and all I got was a generic apology letter that they will tell their Quality Assurance Management and a slap in the face $2 coupon so I should buy more of their candy. And I'm still missing the 10 pieces of candy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Trolli Candy.

Reason of review: misleading customers.

Preferred solution: Mail/send me the 10 missing pieces. .

I didn't like: Misleading customer.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 27, 2017.

Comments

Missing 10 out of 65 pieces... that's approximately 15.4 % of the product not in the bag.....

At the least, they should send you a free bag.... Just think how many bags are sold where no one counted the pieces......hmmmmmmm

A two dollar coupon isn't a slap in the face, it's clearly compensation. So you want them to pull ten out of another bag and make someone else's bag short?THAT'S your solution?

Because they don't sell individual pieces of this candy. So maybe your bag was short to compensate for someone else's bag, and they realized that was a ridiculous solution.

to Missy #1525869

In the 80’s, my dad bought some frozen nuggets from banquet. It stated 20 nuggets inside.

There were 17. Being I had to split with my older brother, who do you think got the extra nugget? He did but the fact is it was still short anyway. My dad told me to write to them and let them know.

Couple weeks later, I received an apology letter in the mail since we were shorted, noting that it happens sometimes. But they were regretful about it and issued 3 coupons for FREE box of 20 count nuggets. Not $ off, FREE. 3 of them!

Back in the day things were handled on a much more personal level. Now it’s all about the money and less about the consumer being unhappy. What do they care? 5 million more bags were sold and probably half of those were cheated.

That’s their profit and consumer loss. They must be held to a higher standard.

Good on you. Your requested resolution is perfect.

Many people would be demanding a full refund, or expecting some sort of extra compensation for their trouble. All you are asking for is to receive the goods you paid for.

Let them know that a discount on future purchases is well and good, but it does not change the fact that they still owe you from the original transaction. Give them the option of a refund, if they can't figure out how to send you the candy.

View more comments